So this week I wanted to share a few places I think are worth a visit if you ever go to Las Vegas. Now, we all know Vegas is known for the 24 hour Casino’s and the famous MGM grand hotel although there are actually many other attractions that make Vegas a fun destination.
I visited Vegas in November 2018 for 6 days as part of a girls trip, it was a total of six of us in a group, and we travelled over the thanksgiving period meaning the weather wasn’t super-hot, but we still had a fantastic time. I was very impressed by what Vegas had to offer after doing some research. Here is my list of the Top 5 places you should definitely visit when in Las Vegas:
- The LINQ – The LINQ is literally the place to be. It has everything you could ask in terms of food and activity. While at the LINQ during our trip we bowled at Brooklyn Bowl, a few people zip lined across Vegas, and we also rode on a mechanical bull (something I’ve always wanted to experience) at a Mexican restaurant. There is also a large “London eye” type ride that takes off every 30 minutes or so. This experience allows you to see Vegas from sky-high.
- The Forum the Caesars palace – As I’m writing this, it’s as though I am reliving the experience. The Forum is a shopping mall located further down the Las Vegas strip, and it is EPIC. It’s incredibly grand and has every store imaginable from Victoria’s secret to the Cheesecake factory. You name it. I don’t even have the words to describe the magnitude of how great this place is. All I will say is if you don’t visit Vegas. Don’t drop the ball by passing up the opportunity to visit this Mall.
- Adventuredome theme park – Vegas has it’s very own indoor theme park. I thought this was pretty cool. There are so many rides and attractions available. While there, I rode on the bumper cars, played laser tag and experienced a vital roller-coaster ride. It’s surely a fun afternoon out and isn’t too expensive.
- Food – In terms of Food and Drink, just like other parts of America, Vegas had a lot to offer. Sadly, I didn’t eat much on the trip for some strange reason, so my critique of food spots is limited. Although I would recommend visiting Gordon Ramsey Hell’s Kitchen and Top of the world restaurant for drinks and the view. In addition to my cheesecake factory experience, which was great, I also visit the famous Asian eatery “Tao” and to be honest the food there wasn’t that amazing.
- Hotels – During my trip I stayed at the MGM Grand this hotel was like nothing I had ever seen before let’s just say they don’t call it “grand” for no reason. My hotel room had a fantastic view of the skyline of Las Vegas, but that was about it for great features. It’s a lovely hotel, but the room didn’t have a ceiling light so at most times it was dark, which isn’t great for when you need to do you make up. I would suggest booking a specific more elite room type (sorry I don’t remember what room type was booked) or staying at one of the following hotels: The Hyde Bellagio, The cosmopolitan, The LINQ and Planet Hollywood.
If ever you do decide to visit Vegas, you won’t regret it. Also for the party-goers, the nightlife is Vegas is incredible. The best clubs I went to were Hyde, 1OAK and Tao.
To see some footage of my trip check out my, check out my travel highlights in my Instagram stories @callmesasha_x
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this week’s post.
Till next week.
Lots of Love,